Software QA Tester
Experience: Junior Level
Function: Software Quality Assurance Tester
Mangahigh.com requires an exceptional Software Quality Assurance Tester to join the expanding technical team. You must have excellent technical aptitude, strong analytical skills, and be fastidious in finding issues
You will be:
- Responsible for the overall quality of our web platform and tools
- Responsible for managing the release cycle in conjunction with the Release Manager
- Driving the QA function to improve the quality and efficiency throughout the development life cycle
- Provide feedback of test results to the QA Manager and development team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 100% commitment and appetite to work in a start-up environment
- Proven track record of delivering results under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong aptitude for learning and embracing change
- Be a good team player
- Passion for quality assurance of end-user applications
Good to have:
- Some experience in diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues
- Experience with Selenium, Jira, Agile
- Initiative to debug and analyse complex problems independently of software engineers
- Ability to question established procedures and suggest alternatives
- Fortitude to enforce standards with developers
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Comfortable with Mathematics
Candidates should send their latest CV and a cover letter describing why they want to work for Mangahigh (scroll down for more information on us) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a UK team that is changing math around the world. Join us!
Do you think that math will be important for today’s learners? Do you believe that games have the potential to transform how math is taught? If so, then you will be among friends at Mangahigh. Mangahigh’s innovative and vibrant approach to games-based math has been recognized around the world. We have more than 3m questions answered on our site every day, and teachers from Sydney to Sao Paulo love the way that Mangahigh energizes their classrooms. But there’s more than a world-changing mission at Mangahigh. There’s a great work environment too.
Our central London office is a light and airy space with views across the city and easy commuting connections. We are a team that has grown close in the pursuit of our mission, and there is frenetic but good natured competition around the company foosball table daily. We organise regular off-site and company events, and these have involved activities from hack days to wild swimming and sheep herding. Every member of the company is asked to visit classrooms and work directly with teachers to understand how our product gets used in the field, and if you are on the sales team you can expect to travel to exotic locations.
Our warm and enthusiastic team of 20 drive hard to keep our business moving, but are always open to exploring new approaches and technologies. We welcome new joiners and strive to assimilate and embrace the ideas and experience they bring with them. Learning is precious at Mangahigh, and we take opportunities to add to our own knowledge and skills through attendance at conferences and in-company training sessions.
Our technology stack includes PHP5, BackboneJS, PHP-Yaf, Memcached, Mysql, Drools, Solr, Zookeeper, RabbitMQ and Docker. We are always looking for new technologies that will have a positive impact on our work, and encourage developers to spend time researching new tools and approaches. We believe in BDD where appropriate, using CucumberJS and Behat, and also use PHPunit, Karma, JSLint, PSR standards, and Grunt with Jenkins to manage our unit tests, code quality, and builds. We use SCRUM to manage our time and process, with a 2 weekly sprint, and aim to deploy to production multiple times within a sprint. We value collaborative working, simple solutions to complex problems, rapid development, and ongoing refactoring.
Come and join us! Take a look at our current vacancies above. However, if you have an interesting CV, and a reason you think you would be a great member of the team, send it to us on email@example.com. In your cover note, please indicate whether you require a visa to work in the UK.